Okay, so it’s a color wheel. But it’s still fun—and pretty!
Supplies You Will Need:
- supplies listed in the Required Materials list for Watercolor Jumpstart set up and ready to paint
- pencil and kneaded eraser
- woodless pencil or graphite stick (optional, but handy) or a regular pencil
- a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2″ sheet of watercolor paper* for the project, taped to your support board
- a 1/16th (5 1/2 x 7 1/2″) sheet of watercolor paper for the project lesson
- several scrap pieces of watercolor paper for testing and practicing colors and brushstrokes (if you are just starting out you may not have any such “scraps” yet; but as you go along save all your exercise and practice sheets and use the backs as your “test sheets”)
*To tear this size, start with a 1/8th sheet (7 1/2 x 11″) and tear a strip off one end to leave a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2″ square. The long strip will be handy for testing colors!
- all lessons in the Getting Started module
- How to Transfer a Drawing from Project 1 (Spring Chickadee)
- How to Make and Apply Vibrant, Juicy Color from Project 1 (Spring Chickadee)
- Mechanics of Mixing from Project 1 (Spring Chickadee)