Click the link to open each handout as a PDF in your browser. Commands for downloading PDFs from your browser to your computer vary by browser. If you don’t know how to do this for your particular browser, search online for “download PDF from (insert name of your browser)”.
At the bottom of this page, you will find a video with instructions for how to use Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software) to print out templates full-size on multiple sheets that can be taped together for transferring to your paper.
- Project 1 Color Template (crescent moon in predawn sky, with sailboat)
- Project 1 Greyscale Template
- moon in predawn sky photo (distant)
- moon in predawn sky photo (zoomed in on horizon)
- sailboat photo (color)
- sailboat photo (“silhouette”/notan)
- Main Challenges in Project 1 handout
- Goof-Proof Wash handout
- Lynne’s Pre-Wash Checklist
- Project 1 Completed (photo of completed demonstration painting)
- Tips Choosing and Taking Reference Photos for More Success in Painting Watercolor Skies and Clouds