a free online watercolor workshop
Project 3 Expected Release Date: Feb 2019
Welcome to my Watercolor Skies online workshop (in development). This is an extended version of the 1-2 day watercolor skies workshops I have taught in the past, so if you took the workshop and wanted MORE, this is for you. If you didn’t take the workshop, all the workshop material is covered here, so this is for you, too!
You’ll need the basic supplies and skills covered in my Watercolor Jumpstart online beginner course. If you’re just starting out, you might want to refer back to that course to see if there’s anything you need to catch up with.
Like Watercolor Jumpstart, this workshop is organized around projects.
Since people will come to this course with a wide variety of backgrounds, each project has
- some preliminary videos, discussing essential skills for beginning the project
- two project videos, one about the design and planning process and one step-by-step paint-along video for the project painting itself
- a set of supplemental videos addressing common questions and some handy tricks (I’ll probably add to these as questions arise)
- some follow-up videos with ideas about how to design paintings of your own based on what you just learned
- a collection of downloadable templates, reference photos, “cheat sheet” handouts to remind you of core concepts, and information about the supplies and materials I’m using in the videos.
I’ll be adding to this page as the workshop projects are released from November 2018 through about March or April 2019. You can sign up for my newsletter (see the sidebar or footer area) to be notified as new lessons are added. Or you can subscribe to my YouTube channel. (Or you can just keep checking back. I expect to release a new project about every 6 weeks.)